Sunday, January 3, 2016

MAR - Happy New Year!


2015 ended on such a high note. I had the great honor of being interviewed by Jane Durrell for WVXU, the Cincinnati arm of NPR, about my experience as an artist-in-residence at Manifest Gallery. My family and I have listened to NPR for as long as I can remember; sitting in my parents' studio, listening to my own voice piping through the speakers, was an incredibly surreal moment and one that I will forever treasure. 

The interview is available to stream online; if you missed it live, you can listen to it here: http://wvxu.org/post/meet-manifest-gallerys-artists-residence 

2015 had its ups and downs, as any year does, but overall there were some pretty spectacular moments. Being chosen as one of the Manifest Artists in Residence... having work published in New American Paintings and the Manifest INPA 4... participating in exhibitions juried by extraordinary people including William Bailey and Aron Packer... two solo shows which led to new creative friendships and exciting collaborations... 

As good as 2015 was, 2016 is going to be even better. There are several exciting projects in the works that I cannot wait to share with you. New work will be up on my website this week - stay tuned for that. Yesterday I wrapped and packed two pieces that are on their way to the Zhou B. Art Center for this year's Wet Paint Biennial - one of my favorite painting shows and one I am beyond excited to be a part of. Later this year, three of my pieces will be featured in the Manifest International Painting Annual 5. I'll be back in the studio this week, after a lovely break, to continue making work for my solo show at the end of the Manifest Residency in May. And that's just for starters. 

Thanks for sticking with me this far. Happy New Year to my constant readers, and to those of you just tuning in, welcome. I wish you all peace, joy, and happiness in the new year. 
Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment