Sunday, July 26, 2015

MAR week 4: Process Work and Post-its


As of today, I've been in Cincinnati for exactly one month. I feel good about the things I've accomplished so far, and I'm really excited about the direction my work is heading. I've settled into a daily studio routine, and I've started researching the next phase of my concepts.

Here are a few images from my drawing sketchbook from the last few weeks.

 


I've been going to the Manifest drawing center twice a week for figure drawing. Above is one of my recent studies. I crave the regular practice, and I have no doubt that this will inform my studio work, both technically and conceptually. Drawing is the foundation of all the visual arts, and it is an essential part of my practice. Sometime soon I'll write a complete blog entry about the drawing center and the relevance of figure drawing to all disciplines. Check back for that particular rant in the next few weeks.


... studies, oil sketches, random notes, and current state of painting table disarray...

Also, since I've been here a month, that means it's been a month since my best friend's birthday... with that in mind... see those delightfully bright squares of color in the photo above? Yeah, there are going to be post-it paintings. Because some things never change. <3

See you back here next week -

No comments:

Post a Comment