Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Facebook Page! / Studio, August

I am slowly but surely expanding my social media presence! If you haven't liked my new Facebook page, you can check it out here: www.facebook.com/samanthaharingart Be sure to check back often for in progress shots and brand new finished work!


I started the week by building and stretching a whole slew of baby canvases. Seeing the Morandi collection in Bologna reminded me of how much I love working small. Everything I learned from the past year's big paintings will certainly come into play on these little ones.


Speaking of Morandi, I read a wonderful quote by Sean Scully at the Bologna Modern Art Museum:

"Morandi paints like no other, before or after. His brushstroke is in complete philosophical agreement with the subject, the scale, and the color of his paintings. It is expressive, though it is modest, and not so expressionistic as to disturb the sense of meditative silence that inhabits all his paintings." 


It's been a good painting week - I have a few new pieces that are almost ready. Check the Facebook page later this week for a preview! Full images will go up on the blog next week. Cheers - 

No comments:

Post a Comment