Sunday, April 3, 2022

Studio, April

 

a rare glimpse at one of my current works-in-progress


palette, divided into warms and cools (sort of)


Holding Space, 2022, chalk pastel on paper, 15x15" 

This object (the same one as in the in-progress piece above) arrived in a box full of cardboard treasures from my painter friend Geoff Barnes. He visited my studio back in December, and I gave him a piece of molded cardboard he admired to paint. Which he then did, exquisitely, twice - and you can see those paintings on his website here and here. I love the way he saw that beautifully weird little toner cartridge endcap. 

This cardboard piece captivated me immediately - the way it catches the light, and all the color that gets reflected into those beautiful browns... endlessly fascinating. I'm looking forward to working my way through that box of treasures, one piece of "trash" at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment