Sunday, March 6, 2022

Immaterial Things - installation photos

Hi friends. Happy Sunday. My solo show IMMATERIAL THINGS closed last month at the Farmer Family Gallery at the OSU Lima campus - thanks to everyone who stopped by! Here are some installation photos, along with close-ups of a few of my favorites from this group. 


Valance, oil on paper on panel, 14x14" 


Compression, oil on paper on panel, 14x14" (private collection) 


Ozymandias, chalk pastel on paper, 15x15" 


Clear, oil on paper on panel, 14x14" 





All my thanks to Ed Valentine for inviting me to share work in this beautiful space. On a personal note, I remember the first time I saw Ed's paintings at Linda Warren Gallery. I was an undergrad student at SAIC at the time, trying to find my way as a painter in a conceptual program. I stood in front of his work and was awestruck by a room full of PAINTING - actual, contemporary painting that delighted and reveled in surface and image as much as content and meaning. The memory of those portraits kept me going through some pretty brutal critiques, and they've always been a reminder for me of what painting can be and do, today. So, it's especially meaningful to have the opportunity to connect with Ed now, and to be able to share my paintings with him and his students. This is an experience and a memory that I will forever treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment