Sunday, August 21, 2016

3rd Friday at the Zhou B Art Center

photo credit: Lisa Haring

Friday was the opening reception for "Reinventing Ourselves from Another Point of View": this year's juried self-portrait exhibition at Art NXT Level Projects. I am so honored to have my painting "Rough Patch" (above) included in this show - and I have to say, I love how my piece was installed. 

Thank you so much to Sergio Gomez and Didi Menendez for curating such a lovely and thoughtful exhibition. Images of a few of my favorites from the show are below.

 photo credit: Lisa Haring
 photo credit: Lisa Haring
photo credit: Lisa Haring



Sergio Gomez' solo show "It Feels Like I Was Already Here" opened Friday night in the second floor gallery at the Zhou B Art Center. I've been a fan of his work for years, and seeing his paintings in person is always a joy. His new Healing series particularly resonated with me. These pieces are densely layered, beautifully complex, and deeply profound. He is particularly adept at tapping into shared human experiences and emotions that are simultaneously specific and universal... it is well worth taking the time to see this show.

I'm so grateful to have seen Sergio's new work in person. I have a feeling these images will linger in my mind for quite a while. 

installation shot, two of the Healing pieces

 Fossil #3, 24" x 12" x 4"


For more information on Sergio and his work:
http://www.virtualartist.com
https://www.instagram.com/sergiogomezprojects/

No comments:

Post a Comment