Sunday, June 12, 2016

Rockford Midwestern Biennial


Encore 2015 oil on canvas 24" x 24"

This painting, made almost exactly one year ago, is currently up in the Rockford Midwestern Biennial. I'm thrilled to be included in this show! The reception was this past Friday; I was in Cincinnati celebrating the end of DAAP Camp with my students, but my wonderful mom and excellent friends took photos at the reception. Check it out below!

photo credit: Lisa Haring

photo credit: Lisa Haring

photo credit: Kimberly Kuba

I have to give a shout out to one of my former students and a dear friend, Kimberly Kuba. She has a new painting in this show as well, and it's a good one. Kimberly has always had a great sense of color and a wonderful affinity for painting. It's such a joy seeing her come into her own as an artist and succeed. Congrats Kimberly! So proud of you. 
To see more of Kimberly's work, check out her website here: http://www.kimberlykuba.com 

photo credit: Lisa Haring
"Fathom", by Kimberly Kuba

 photo credit: Lisa Haring
detail of "Fathom" by Kimberly Kuba

No comments:

Post a Comment