Sunday, April 5, 2020

Studio, April



I hope, whenever you read this, that it finds you safe and well. I'm working from home these days, like most everyone else. Trying to balance teaching from home with my home studio. There is less time than there used to be, when I had a classroom in which to teach. For now, my classroom is my computer and my companions are my plants. I'm reminded that every minute in the studio is hard-won and not to be taken for granted. It's a choice to show up in front of the easel, and I find great comfort in still being able to make that choice.

I don't know if I'll make anything worthwhile during this quarantine. All I can do is show up as often as I'm able. And if these images can bring anyone even a little bit of joy, then I've done my part. Stay safe. Stay home. Be good to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment