Sunday, February 21, 2016

MAR - Empathetic Drawing with Emil Robinson


above drawing by Emil Robinson

Last night I had the great privilege of attending "Empathetic Drawing": a public demonstration by the superbly talented and ever eloquent Emil Robinson. Emil is an artist and educator, and he is truly one of the finest colorists I've ever met. Every time I see his work, I have the overwhelming urge to expand my palette. Emil makes the paper glow through his masterful use of color, and his figures are rich with gravity, elegance, and the illusion of breath. His enthusiasm is as contagious as his depth of knowledge is vast. Watching his process never fails to inspire.


Emil's drawing in progress, during the first break




some of my favorite moments 

To see more of Emil's work, check out his website here: http://www.emilrobinson.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment